What do we do with our BF2 server?

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 pm

I was coming in there, I brought cammie with me to MPC and I see now she's not even on the member list, not sure why. She brought her son, who you accused and banned as a "hacker". He was bringing his friends in. I also brought in Rotek, who was also accused of being a hack, but he's good and thats nothing new. Happens to him every round he plays LMAO. He also brought players from his clan in. Maybe some of you know the tags =BoSS=. They run a few servers and those guy's are fackin GOOD!

It's because of all the comments that all those players don't play in there anymore, and I'm sure if someone was to call you a hack or other assorted names, you wouldn't be in any hurry to go back in their server either.

So now you all know that there's more to this story than meet's the eye.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Well when i see a sniper on a building in karkand that is not excessable with a ladder or by jumping, im talking a 5 story building, somethings up, and a few times I have seen a enimie shooting at people, so i run up and almost lay right down beside them and they dont hear me and they kill the guy they were shooting at AND ME without even turning around to shoot me, not to mention i shot them first and nothing happened. Then this rotek guy was up by the suburbs out in the middle of the road with a supply box in the middle of the road as well, As a minute before I told CB to get ingame and watch this guy, so she did, now rotek and CB are side by side and she said he was running around, jumping, saying shit like forces spotted and carrying on like a idoit, while i was 50 yards away laying in the grass watching the whole thing thru a sniper scope, and just out of the blue he hits the ground and with one shot killed me...........................Dont believe me ask CB she was there. now your telling me he had time to act like a ass in the middle of the road and run a scan at the same time? if he did, he could not be running around, he would be still while running that scan to spot me, or even pull up his screen to spot me.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 am

Like I told you in yahoo, when your in game, hold down your Q key, right click, spot. You don't have to be commander to spot an enemy.

Why does he jump like that? Two reasons. Your harder to hit when your moving obviously, and you can see better. Why lay down when your shooting as a sniper? So that your a smaller target, smaller target being harder to hit, and you can shoot more accurately. So if you want to get a head shot and have the smallest chance of being hit, go prone.

Rotek has more than twice as many hours as I have.

Rotek's total hours: Total 1134:53:24

My total hours: Total 544:38:23

Your total hours: Total 602:40:21

Rotek's start date: Enlisted 28/04/2006

My start date: Enlisted 22/02/2006

Your start date: Enlisted 21/11/2007

To bad I spent so much time playing single player mods lol.

Now looking at the hours and the length of time the three of us have been playing, who would have the most experience? You can think what you want about who you want, free country and alla that, but Rotek is one of the first people I played with when I got the game. Every time we play together, we're in the same squad. He's usually commander, I'm usually squad leader, and we're always in vent. You don't use vent, so you have no idea how big an advantage that can be.

As I said, you don't have to be commander to spot an enemy. A moving target is harder to hit, and Rotek does not use a hack, or cheat, of any kind.

It's the same as the last game we had against you. You were sniper, laying under the first train car at train accident and shooting across to gatehouse. Cammie spotted you, she wasn't commander. I ran down the hill, swam across the water, ran all the way up the tracks, lied down beside you, and stuck my knife in you. You didn't see me do any of that. Did I use a hack to accomplish that?

Learn to spot, learn to use your mini map. I told you that you can spot, anyone can spot, and the mini map shows you EXACTLY, where the enemy is, shows you if their moving, and even shows you the direction their looking.

Get good at using all the tools you have available and pretty soon the game will be as easy for you, as it is for Rotek, and a lot of other players. Don't bash skill, and don't call players hacks without proof, it just makes you look like a noob.

You saw the screen shots I sent the admin in the [DAM] Kark server and you saw why he was banned. If you think someone has a hack, get the proof.

EDIT: When your commander and in your commander screen, yes you can still move.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 am

The screenshots you sent me showed me nothing, exept that the guy was team killing, as far as shooting from that point to the square, i see no proof of that what so ever in those pics. I remember someone telling me once that they could kill people with the pkm from the tv station - clear across the map just by the guys name showing up and aiming in the center of the name...................well wheres the proof this guy isnt doing just that????? he is a hack as your saying, you contradict yourself.

EDIT: When you bring up the screen and hit spot, it might show you the area the person is, what if he moves a bit? or lays down, how do you know if the guy is behind the building in front of it or laying on the ground or laying on the roof, and in just a blink of a eye he gets you with a headshot every time with one shot from a sniper rifle, not to mention from a good distance........Come on, i dont buy it and Im sure alot of other people would not either.

And on the bf2 forums everyone on there said its impossible for a sniper to get on top of that building where he was at, without a squad leader using c4 to get there first, then the sniper spawn on him while he was on the roof, that i would buy, but it was just him and myself ingame so that i dont buy either, not to mention he was throwing nades from that building all the way to the suburbs and almost landing in front of me and that was a good 100 meters or more.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:53 pm

No, I'm not contradicting myself. Read the on screen messages, you can see him getting kills. In those two screen shots, look for the name L33TS@UCE making kills. Thats me standing right beside him. From that vantage point, I couldn't even see across the water, let alone square. Sharqui is a whole different map, you CAN see that far remember, that's why you preferred Sharqui over Karkand. On occasion, you can get lucky and move your sights over a player you can't see in Karkand, and his name will show. If that ever happens to you, I suggest you do the same as I do. Hold DEAD CENTER just under his name, and shoot very carefully and watch for your cross hair to change showing your doing damage. From the middle of cement, to square, with the concrete wall and the building being there, personally, I think it's impossible to get numerous one or two shot kills without some sort of hack. Not to mention, he's shooting the M249 SAW. The basic US support gun.

As far as being banned on {DAM}, which is where that took place, excessive team killing, especially to that extent, is punishable by a permanent ban. As the screen shot shows, he has a -85 team damage score. I don't see any contradiction in anything I've said.

How do you know exactly where a player is in the mini map. Ok, obviously you rarely even look at it. However, if you DO, you can see all the roads, buildings, you name it. It's a MAP. When you zoom in, using your N key, it's the same as a topographic map. If you've ever used one of those, for say, hunting, you might understand what I'm trying to explain to you. It's not hard to tell if the person that was spotted is on a roof, in the middle of the road, behind a fence, beside a sandbag wall and what side of the wall their on, in an alley and hiding behind crates, which way their facing and, as long as the little red dot is showing on the mini map, if they move, you see them moving, you see the direction of travel and you can see the direction their looking. It's a highly detailed, maybe a bit blurry at full zoom, map.

Impossible to get on which roof? I don't know which roof your referring to, perhaps this one?

You sent me that screen shot, so I assume that's you, if so, how did YOU get on it, and how can you berate someone else for doing the same thing's you yourself do?

When you sent me that screen shot in yahoo, what did I tell you? I'll quote myself:

"Mike: glitching, wall hacking, c4 jumping....all frowned upon by most server admins cuz its unsportsmanlike.....you must be honorable in battle grasshopper......"

You might have a lot of hours in the game, but that alone doesn't make up for a lack of experience. It's unwise to belittle other players who have MUCH more experience than you do. That's a bit like you, being a carpenter by trade with over 20 years experience and hiring a helper who has maybe 2 years experience and having your helper telling you how to do your job. How long would it take for that helper to piss you off, and how long would you listen to him call you a dumbass that can't read a measuring tape? How long would you have that helper around? Not to fkn long is my guess lol.

Now maybe you see what I'm trying to get at here.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Yea thats me on that roof, look at my kit i am using....its special forces, I used c4 to get there,what Im saying is, he was on just as tall building as a sniper !!!!!

here is the building he was on and throwing nades from this far away.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 pm

As far as anyone being on that roof, It's hard to tell in the screenie if that's the roof you can get to from the ladder. As far as nades making it from that roof, to where your standing, I've never seen it by anyone, Rotek included, and in my 2 years of playing, I've seen a lot. If what you say is true, get the screen shots and I'll gladly eat my word's, if you will, buddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. ;)

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I have a noobie question. What is glitching?
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 pm

Never anything wrong with wanting to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct_BbzVmbzU That will give you a very basic idea. Just the first hit in a Google search for "BF2 Glitching".

Even I learned something. I didn't know you could use the boat spawning to push you under the platform lol.

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 am

I don't know if the hat should fit on my head X but it's my high season and I can't play for the moment. If you want to put Dragon Valley , You have my blessings. I'll be back in a couple of days. LOL

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 am

I got in the map, X asked me too................yes he was a sniper, no there was no ladder to get on that building,I walked around the building 3 times to check. I was on his team, I don't know if he know's that X and I are married, and I can see whats on his screen as our computers are side by side. He was really carrying on, wouldn't stop talking using the Q and T button, repeating the same thing over and over, I finally told him to be quiet, what does he do, say's sorry about 15 times in a row, jumping all over, thowing nades at me, drops down shoots x with one shot and back up, all in one second. Just letting you know what I saw. ;)

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:06 am

Negative.
Negative.

We need artillery over here sir!
We need artillery over here sir!

Hey, I need a ride.
Hey, I need a ride.

I've spotted mobile AA.
I've spotted mobile AA.

Enemy chopper.
Enemy chopper.

Enemy boat spotted.
Enemy boat spotted.

All of that in an I/O server. I wonder why.......

I do all that silly shit too, so I guess I look like a retard as well LMAO. The better you become at the game, the easier you'll get bored when there isn't much action, what can I say? lol It's suppose to be funny, but some might not think so. Lot's of player's do things like that when there just isn't much action. Like we need a reason to hit the buttons we normally would when there is a lot of action.

I talked to Rotek in vent last night with cammie. They were in vent together when this took place. Rotek said he wasn't sniper, he was spec op's and it was in the MPC server and he used C4 to get up there. Personally, I've never seen anyone on that roof, but Rotek, cammie and a few other people I showed the screen shot to, said you CAN toss a nade that far if you know how to throw them really well from that roof.

As far as I remember, I had the MPC server set to FF on, FF mines off, so that no one could C4 themselves onto a roof. I don't know who changed it or why and in my opinion, that's how it should be set. I personally see C4 jumping, like in that screen shot of X on top of hotel, as a cheat. However, it's been changed and X himself goes on roofs you normally couldn't get on top of. If an admin does it, so can everyone else, and it wouldn't be fair to kick, ban, or bitch about other people doing the same thing as an admin. When I go in a server, and I see someone on top of Hotel like that, I wait to see what will be said to the player about it, and if that's allowed in that server, I leave.

I've also seen a glitch in the game where you see someone with one kit, but they actually have another. For example, I've been killed by snipers with a G36E. It's rare, but it does happen. The same as I've seen in the on screen messages I was shot with one gun, when in fact it was a different gun. Every time they patched the game, they fixed a few glitches like that, but some do still exist. Bf2, for as many times as it has been patched, it is still a buggy game, so I guess we all have to live with certain things.

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 am

BTW.......only time X started to use c4's to see if he could get on a building was after seeing that .in that map .....he has NEVER done that in a game................so I guess the Admin using it in game is wrong!!!!!

I think we need to agree to disagree on this one Mad, I understand alot of what you are saying, BUT I think you alos need to be aware that there are alot of cheats out there for this game. I am not saying everyone who is better then me is a cheat, far from it, BUT there are times, you have to scratch your head and say...........WTH????

So lets just agree to disagree on this one ;-)

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:51 am

Well you can ask the Diceman, i set the server to ff off to see how it was possible to get on those roofs, ask dice, we were laughing about it, once we did that for awile i turned ff back on, never once have i done that in a game, It did happen to me in dragon valley xxx server once by mistake when laying down c4 at river village and the damm last stick blew up on me and trhew me on that little roof.
you CAN toss a nade that far if you know how to throw them really well from that roof.
Let me see you do it then Im a believer

Rotek said he wasn't sniper, he was spec op's and it was in the MPC server and he used C4 to get up there

wishi I took a screenie of it, would end all arguements, but it was just him and me at first and I was curious how he got up there, so i ask him, he would not answer me about 4 times that i asked ,he was a sniper, and he was on top that building, he killed me 3 -4 times in a row, i know, I finally plucked him off that roof and in my scope he was a sniper, so after i killed him, I ran down from the suburbs to see how he got up thier and there was not a ladder anywhere.

May have been a glitch in the game, not sure but one thing he did that was really odd to me is what cb said, and it happen just like this
He was really carrying on, wouldn't stop talking using the Q and T button, repeating the same thing over and over, I finally told him to be quiet, what does he do, say's sorry about 15 times in a row, jumping all over, thowing nades at me, drops down shoots x with one shot and back up, all in one second
That was plain out bullshit there to get me with one shot while pissin around and not even taking the time to aim for me.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am

Apparently, from info read on this site http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/sniper-rifles, there is not a sniper rifle that can kill with one shot, if the target has full health. There is one rifle that use to be one shot one kill if shot to the head, but was patched.
The L96A1 is apt to become the most beloved sniper rifle in the assortment. While EA/DICE tries to sell their expansions as balanced with the original game, this gun is clearly a cut above the rest. Take together the best of the M24 and M95 and you’ll end up with the L96A1. It has the same firepower as the M24 and M95, these rifles will reduce the health with 95% of a full health soldier in a single shot. On top of that, the L96A1 is together with the M24 the most accurate weapon in the game. But it overpowers the M24 because of its load time which is equal to the M95.

It was rumoured that this gun would instant kill with one shot, but this is not true. It was supposedly the case while the 1.2 patch was in beta, just like the M95 and the M24, but for obvious reasons this was changed for the official release.

While the personal preference of a sniper will decide between the L96A1 and the M24, the L96A1 is clearly a better choice than the Type 88 or SVD. The M95? Well, ain’t it fun to shoot a non-expecting pilot out of his cockpit?
I have watch people in game throw grenades really far by jumping and throwing. I can't seem to jump and throw at the same time. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I also find people shooting while jumping. If I hold down the fire button while jumping, it appears that the jump button overrides the fire button and I can't fire again until I stop jumping.

Can someone please explain how to jump throw grenades and c4, and how to jump and shoot? Are these keybinds?

Just out of curiosity, when you pick up another kit off of a dead player, does your player skin change to reflect the new kit?

I'll end with this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMmVZHoDtig[/youtube]
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”