BF2 AIX mod

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
PyroJack
Elite
Elite

BF2 AIX mod

Postby PyroJack » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:28 am

after talking with JP2 I tried the AIX mod for BF2.

It's a excellent addon. The AI of the bot seems a little cranked up, the weapons and vehicles are upgraded and a little more modern.

The new sniper rifle is more accurate and deadly and is semi automatic, 6 shots before reload. It's fun to see the helmet of a guy flying off ! :P

for those interested, the exact name of the pack is...

Allied Intent Extended (AIX) - Battlefield 2 Mod

It's a 1375mb file and you can add 3 map packs to it. The maps can be played both on single player and multiplayer. You can also play them on a 16vs16, 32vs32 or 64vs64 for a completly chaotic game 8-)

this is where I got the files, decent download speed
http://fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=2412

we can even set this mod on a server if we want to.

cya all later

Botkiller
Elite
Elite

Postby Botkiller » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:05 am

I have the mod and love it. The guns are awesome!!!!! I would like to see it on our sever!

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:32 pm

I agree, Great mod.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Ever play it with the map dragon valley moon? awesome map, just like dragon valley, but at night, with all the post and stuff light up.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:12 am

I downloaded the mod yesterday but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Looking forward to it and the new weapons. :DWhere do u get the map packs at?

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:22 am

There is no map pack i know of, dragon valley moon comes with AIX, my self i wish there was a nice editor for bf2, i would make maps or redo them and LEAVE out the jets and replace them with choppers, makes it more fair, assholes get in these jets and do nothing but fly the whole game dropping bombs on everyones ass, If it was choppers only, choppers can be taken out easy with another chopper or tanks and ect. but jets are like one guy have unlimited ammo on redeemers in ut2004 the whole damm game, sucks and pisses ya off.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Is there not a serverside option to remove some of the hardware? Ithought I seen that somewhere.I 'm almost certain of it. It might be that you have to remove all vehicles which would suck because it would take forever to move around some of these huge maps. Another thing about jets is , it's very easy to leave the combat area and die if you're not carefull. The fly zone is a little small. The biggest thing to do with the air vehicles I've discovered is the mouse sensitivity. I've been experimenting and have found that the choppers work best on a low-medium speed and the jets respond a little better on a slightly faster,maybe medium speed. If you ever find the sweet spot it works well. I tried my hand at dog fighting and died horribly several times. However I have died more times by artillery or chopper than I have by jet I believe. The anti-aircraft on the ground sux also. I had locks several times the other night and didn't get one dang kill. But I understand about the jets. You can't see them until it's almost too late. I was constantly ducking the other night. I can't figure if there is a target lock with ground bombing or if you just take your best shot.What I want to know is the secret to the anti-tank weapon. I must be retarded or missing something. My shot does nothing much more than dribble out the end of the barrel. What we need are the old anti-aircraft guns from bf 1942. I could take ANYTHING out with those. No lockon crap ,just lead the target and BOOM. They were toast.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:51 pm

There is a map editor/creator for BF2, thats where these mod's come from. I believe, it's in the BF2 folder somewhere but I don't know where.

You can set servers to "No Vehicles", but as far as I know that removes ALL vehicles.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Yea i know, i used 4 shots on a tank with the anti tank and he drove away , after killing me, plus today, i had a sweet shot, right in the side of a tank from about 30 feet away, DID nothing and the fucker killed me, and his torret was even aiming at me yet.....figure that one out !!!! I swear there is frickin cheats people are using. and also got killed while pelting a guy in the back with my rifle from about 10 feet away and he hops and gets me with one shot while still in the air, didnt even have time to aim. I think punkbuster sucks, cheats are getting used, dont care what anyone says.

8-)

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:14 pm

For hitting vehicles, you need to hit the right spots, and diff vehicles have diff hit points. Link below.

HITPOINTS

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

LINKS for AIX

Postby PyroJack » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:47 pm

When i fire up AIX, it shows no servers online at all, is it me? is it something i have to uncheck or check in the filters? not sure, but thats why i dont play it, no fun single player :(

Botkiller
Elite
Elite

Postby Botkiller » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:59 pm

You will see the AXI servers in the BF2 multi player window, they are highlighted in red. You must uncheck same mod in the filters

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm very happy to see that some of you like AIX mod.
It is a great mod.

X were you on our server ? Because normally the tank goes away in 2-3 shots. And on our server it takes sometimes 5 to 6 to eliminate it. Is it some setting like easy, normal and tough that does that ? Cruce ?

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:48 am

Thats just your aim JP LMAO.

Usually when I'm in a tank I call for a supply drop and park beside the crate and wait for the anti tank players to run out of ammo. So theres a hint for you all, when you see a tank, or any other vehicle, near a supply crate, take out the crate first.

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”