UT3 Server is up and running

Tell us your thoughts
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

UT3 Server is up and running

Postby Cruce » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Yes it is finally here. Please let me know of any issues as it has been still labeled as Beta.
For some reason it is not showing the Server name and I will have to figure that out later.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:40 pm

No where do I see to add a IP, so how do we find the server or join it?

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:58 pm

I am still trying to find out why it is not showing up in the Server Browser. Here is the IP and port, 64.34.161.48:7877. I am also trying to find a good Server Monitor like the ones on the home page for UT3.
-Cruce

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:09 pm

It is showing up in the Server Browser now as mpcclanUT3a. I am trying to figure out why it is showing up with the GameSpy ID and not the Server Name. And, how in the world do you add servers to your favorites? Very Frustrating 8-) I hate the menu setup. If I wanted a console game, I would have gone out and bought one.
-Cruce

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Well, it should be at a good point to just let people join and play. It should be showing up in the server browser correctly now. I have installed the HighSpeedLowGravity, TranslocatorPlus and PingFreak's Zark mutators. The redirect should be working, but may still be slow as there is no compression feature yet available for UT3 redirect.

Have fun and let me know of any issues. There has been several complaints about dropped connections.
-Cruce
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Well i was in the server today, and like other servers, the stock maps SUCK ASS, they are too small, dark, and ya feel cramped running turning and ect all the time, need maps with some room to them, piss poor map designs by epic in my opinion.i noticed unrealplayground has a few custom maps released allready. And went into the uXc's server last night, and they have all ne custom arena maps, it was like throwing 8 players in a frickin closet and instagibbing each other, can ya tell im not impressed with ut3 at all????????

:(

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Eggman
Elite
Elite

Postby Eggman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi Cruce, well I tried to connect and I see it on the server list as MPC UT3 server, but it seems to stall during connection. it may be that it is downloading files in the background but i cannot tell for sure becasue no download status shows. other servers do this too. Any ideas ?

Eggs :oops:
I am the Eggman..whoop whoop de doo!

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Here is where you can find the mutators that are installed, http://uz2.pagehosting4u.com/ut3/
Ini files go inside your ...UTGane/Config folder and U files go in your ..../UTGame/CookedPC folder.

I don't think Epic really thought this through. They never expect console games to be able to download mutators and such. =-=

I just hope that they fix the redirect compression thing. I'll keep you up to date.
-Cruce
-Cruce

Eggman
Elite
Elite

Postby Eggman » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:55 pm

thanks Cruce I installed all yur files and viewed the new maps. Nice! But I still cannot connect to the server, it times me out. This is very frustrating. My modem looks like its downloading something but still get timed out.

Eggs 8-) 8-)

WBKAgent127
noob
noob

Postby WBKAgent127 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Great UT3 sniper Mods you got going on.

I tried to bring some of the WBK guys over but we had a few issues with a map but I think Cruce is taking care of it. I will get them back over to check it out. The server looks cool and I will post any bugs that may come up while on it.

I had to make a new account because I forgot the login stuff to my old one.
Good work on the server so far!

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Cool...look forward to seeing you on there.

JJJ13

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

where is it ????

Postby PyroJack » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:23 pm

can you tell me two things,

first, was the server online on this wednesday march 5th ?

and how do we do a login with the IP directly ?

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Pyro/Cruce....I don't know about this morning, but just now couldn't connect at all. Also I have no idea how to input IP directily...If issues of not seeing the server is a problem make sure the "Filter" Tab is as follows..

Well I cant figure out how to get jpegs on here...so here is a link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jjacobs81/D ... O7DBufBbow

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:23 am

I am having problems getting in UT3 almost every day, but I do believe it is an issue with Epic not just our servers. :D

Eggman
Elite
Elite

Postby Eggman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Cruce, yeah i have the same problem, can't always connect. Anyway, what would be really awesome is if you could post a ldownload ocation for your customs maps somewhere so we could download them ahead of time. The UT3 cache sucks and it does not stay in cache for long so have to download again. thanks, awesome server BTW.

Eggy :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “THE MPC SERVERS”