8800 video card stutter fix

Anything in here
Eggman
Elite
Elite

8800 video card stutter fix

Postby Eggman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi all. I don't know if any of you with 8800 cards have a stutter probelm with UT2004, but i have had it bad as well as many other 8800 UT2004 players. So I went against all forum advice and did this to solve it after months of stuttering and low frames rates at times.

I decided to update my nForece drivers to the latest version (6.86 for Nforce 4 SLI mobos), re-install the latest video drivers for the 8800 series cards (158.22) for XP and the latest soundbaster audigy drivers and then did a registry clean using free Tweak RegCleaner and guess what...no stuttering so far. All the forums I read on this suggests that this does nothing but I decided to try anyway. This is great news for me as i was getting annoyed with the stuttering as my framerate would drop to below 30fps at times when 1 on 1 with a player or randomly in a map.

so happy eggs again...breakfast time....... :mad: :oops:

Eggs and bacon sizzling
I am the Eggman..whoop whoop de doo!

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Yep alot of people install the drivers thier mobo comes with, and thier video card comes with, and thier soundcard comes with, thats why it allways best to download and check every so often for updated drivers, they are allways releaseing newer versions, via hiperion drivers and new vid card drivers will make a big difference..... :D

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Return to “General Talk (UT2004)”