MPC no jets Server?

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue May 20, 2008 3:05 pm

I'd say I'm for it, but if your going to have Jets only to fight other Jets and Choppers should the AA Vehicle only be used on the Choppers?
I have yet seen an AA take down a jet, except for the essex. I don't even attempt to try to shoot down a jet anymore, because I know it is pointless. So I don't think it is really an issue.

X, thanks for the clarification.

Does Karkland even have jets or helis?
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Tue May 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Does Karkland even have jets or helis?
Nope, it has APC's and Tanks, but with Infintry only, those are removed from the game, its all on foot my man, and commanders CAN NOT USE ARTILLERY, only supply boxes and scans and spot enimies.
Believe me you get used to squading up and eveyone is different kit, and with 32 people in the server its nothing to rack up 75 to 200 points in a game, and a game might only last 20 minutes to a half hour, maybe longer if dumbasses dont follow orders and lonewolf it........LOL

Only thing ive found very effective in taking down jets is..............Put C4 on it before they take off......ROFL

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

go go go !

Postby PyroJack » Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm

infantry only is like UT2k4 on the real sniper mod, no boosted shit.

The MAN stuff !

I played on INF only servers and it's true that you can easily get 200 points. The squads or much more important there too if you want to respawn with your buddies and help them out quick.

good idea X

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I've found a trick to taking jets down. It's all in the timing.Lock on and fire one or just lock on. When they drop their flares they're vulnerable. As soon as their flares drop wait 1 -3 seconds depending how close they are and let fly.And , of course the closer they are the better your chances of landing 1 or 2 shots. Also , they don't always explode right away. For some reason they like to wait til theyfly away. If you watch your screen theirs a good chance youll at least get an assist or complete credit because a lot of the time they wont make it back to base for repair. If you aren't afraid of dying just wait til their right on you,Your virtually assured of atleast 1 if not 2 direct hits.You can also just watch them til their close and then jump in the aa or watch them in it without locking on. They don't know your watching unless you get a lock on.He he , I've ticked a couple of pilots off the last week or so. I put the gift of being a pain in the but to new use, Besides , if their dodging missiles it's very difficult for them to bomb accurately. Their still a major problem but not as bad as they used to be. Now if I could just keep them from blowing up my mobile AA...........The thing is you will never neutralize them but you can reduce their effectiveness if you are vigilant.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue May 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Yeah you can shoot a Jet down with the AA Veh. it's just harder. I did it a couple of times last night. Lead ahead with the guns, then let the missiles fly. The problem is with the commander not give supply crates when you need one. Those do not hold a lot of ammo.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Nice dog tags, can you get them to move???(photoshop animation)
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 pm

As for the crates dropping, you can't drop them if the commander is dead, and if he already use it elsewhere, it takes time to become availlable again. And when it's time too drop it, it's always too late . The mate is dead (Jim). And it depends of the type of commander you have , is he shooting or just scanning ? If he's shooting maybe he doesn't have time at the moment , that's because he's shooting or fighting for his life. As commander I try to evaluate the needs of every member.

And for everybody, GET IN A SQUAD !

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Nice dog tags, can you get them to move???(photoshop animation)
Thanks, I didn't want to spend the time to animate them LOL. But if anyone wants them I have saved them at different steps as a .psd with the layers. One set is blank so you can add what ever you want. I grabbed a few new fonts tonight so as to replace the =star= if anyone is interested.

**EDIT** Here is a different option.

Image VS. Image

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Like tonight in our server , we had a squad of 5 guys and when a flag is capped, everyone ran different ways like someone just farted and they wanted to get the hell outta dodge, gotta stick together guys, follow the squad leader, medic keeps him alive, the rest protect your medics, youll need them, and we also needed a supplie person, i was running outta nades.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Ok, I admit it :-? .....................I am so sorry :(
I told X I shouldn't eat those damn beans..................but he insisted, so I did :???:

What can I say, to bad the other team wasn't around, could out knocked them dead!!! =-=

J/K

X is right though, we need to stay together as a squad, you get more points that way.

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Can we at least try to be together ? Half MPC is on a side , and the others are on the other side. Is there like an autobalance thing for members of a clan ? I thought that it was configured already for the tags. THE SERVER CHANGE YOU TO THE OTHER TEAM or something like that. Like I said before we are a clan . Can we stick together ? ***

And I was alone again yesterday for the most part of the night on Ventrilo. We have a huge advantage over the others with Ventrilo.

I like to kill you all. But I prefer to be with you than against you.

<:

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri May 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Well as of now no one has been on the server, its the same as allways, there is just a handful of us that is willing to go in there and wait till the server gets enough for a game, once a game is started people start to herding in..................But its the same people that has to park in there every night to get a game going................time for the rest THAT LIKE THIS I/O SERVER to step up to the plate and participate.

And JP........the other night i was a squad leader and invited CB, You, killer and another guy to the squad and they all join except you, so i sent you a request 2 more times to join and nothing............so pratice what ya preach..................LOL

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Fri May 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Well this is a 4 day weekend for me so I plan on getting some time in. It sucks that I only got to work 3 days this week, and next week will be the same. Oh well at least I'm back to work I guess.

I'm working on my Veterans badges now, but I need to get the required hours first, so I will not be kit switching for awhile LOL. Medic is the one I'm going for now. When I get my next unlock I'll play support and assault more.

Oh yeah, I made my Avatar.

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 pm

nice avatar **8 The dog tags are great!!
Last edited by CANADIAN_BITCH on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Wanna see what every one thinks here, we have enough for 2 more months on our server, i cant see paying for 2 more months just to have a empty server all the time, what ya wanna do with the cash, hold it for something else someday or what?

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”