Yodaddys video game review.

Anything in here
yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Yodaddys video game review.

Postby yodaddy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been trying out a couple of games thought I'd let you know about. The first game is called Combat Arms. It's a free game and playable only on-line. It's a heck of a lot of fun. The best way to describe it is a cross between UT and BF2. It's fast paced as many kills as you can get but with modern weapons. A lot of the weapons are the same as BF2 with only minor differences. 2 teams in each game , most frags wins. The thing I was most impressed with was ,for a free game , it was pretty well made. There are a lot of boards and I've only played 2. The first was a junkyard. The action was furious as the board was small. The other was a plane crash set in a jungle . Lot of fun. Bigger and more places to hide but still the action was fast. All you have to do is sign up for a free account. Plays well with hardly any issues at all, Maybe an occasional hiccup , no worse than BF2 , maybe better.
I also downloaded the demo for BF 2142.It is very much like bf2 in that the set up is the same for controls and stuff. There have been a few changes though. There is no medic , sniper , or anti-tank class. There are 4 classes. Recon is a sniper class. Assault has a med kit with it for healing yourself and others. Supply seems about the same. The engineer class is the one with all the goodies. He has a rocket launcher and explosives.However the demo is kind of limiting. The game is played 1 or 2 ways . Normal conquest ,IE capture the flag or titan mode where you have to blow up the enemy spaceship ,the Titan. I haven't tried titan because the servers are always full . Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get on.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:59 pm

I have 2142 but haven't played it much because everyone was playing BF2 LOL. Snowman is almost topped out in rank on 2142. I'd say ask him about it for details.

Return to “General Talk (UT2004)”