UT2k4 Challenge match.

Anything in here
MrWright
Elite
Elite

UT2k4 Challenge match.

Postby MrWright » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:04 am

OK it's been awhile since we have all played as a clan in UT. I've not played it online in about 6 months LOL. That being said, I've been contacted by a guy wanting to challenge us for the fun of it. Below is what he has sent me on messenger. After you read it and are interested post back. Most of you wanted to keep the UT2K4 server, so why not put it to use?

lordvader4242: Hey MrWright,
lordvader4242: Just got home from work (5 am EST). We do not have a clan name. It's mostly a bunch of guys and one girl that I've introduced to the game and they like playing. Myself and one other have played the game since UT99. We are the two "seniors" of the group. There are two other "good" players we have but after that most are pretty new to the game and still learning. We have 3 other players that jump on from time to time but b/c of that they get rusty. We have 4 core players I would say and can get up to 9 but coordinating that takes time. Whatever you scrounge up on the human side we could match. If we do CTF we can fill the rest out with bots, if we do TDM we just play with numbers you can get. I would just need to know. I don't want to have too many show up,
lordvader4242: and not have and even number. We could try playing on one of your servers and try to keep to the basic maps (Face, Lava Giant, etc.). Honestly, we have never played other people/clans. We are not a bunch who are super good and pounce on newbs or anything like that and we don't cheat. We may not even be in the same league as you guys (LOL judging by your maps we are definitely not) Let me know what you want to do and if you guys don't want to no problem. I have to work Saturday and head up to Maine on Sunday so I won't be on till late Sunday night. Have a good weekend.

I'd say we play the maps on our server, give them time to come on in advance and download all the serve stuff. Maybe set something up around Nov. 1 or 2nd??? Let me know soon. Hell if things go well maybe we can get them to join us in our clan because they don't have one LOL.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:12 am

I am all for that....I've been asked quite a bit if MPC would be interested in some scrims, they are mostly by freeze tag clans.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:41 pm

1st or 2nd may work for me. Preferably at night. I like to do my killing after dinner :D

We do have Freeze tag already setup on the server. It would not take long to setup some maps for TDM. I agree with MrWright with using our server and maps. They should put in some time to play some of our maps and get to know them, or they will be at a huge disadvantage and they may just get frustrated. Do I hear Map Vote?

Count me in... I hope.

P.S. Have had a chance to test out the new IK Stealth Sniper Rifle? It has the scroll wheel zoom that I like. I have not slowed down the fire rate for moving sniping yet.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Who knows, I just might be able to get RAGE to play in this. I make no promises.

Head count so far is

Me
JJJ13 AKA MetalFingers
Cruse
Punk
Maybe Rage
Killer
theXfiles

These are the maps I suggest, not that they are my favs.

DM-AGiantBedroom
DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt
DM-MPC-BASEMENT
DM-MPC-OPERATION-HQ

Those are fare maps with not a lot of hidden spots. Well Punkys has some but they are not that hidden.
Feel free to add or change the list.
Last edited by MrWright on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Maps seem good, what kinda of game play? camp/snipe or no rules?

You blew my cover btw, lol
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

Botkiller
Elite
Elite

Postby Botkiller » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 pm

count me in

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Cool, can anyone get a hold of Eggs? The more the merrier you know.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:42 pm

boomstick is coming out of the closet...im in <:

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:29 am

You all want to get on the server together for a clan practice night???
What nights would work for people? I'm free every night after 6pm(central) except for Tuesday and Thursday. On those two days I cant get on till after 9pm.

Return to “General Talk (UT2004)”