Getting vehicles from Unwheel

Any questions for unreal editor here
AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Getting vehicles from Unwheel

Postby AsToRoTh » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:02 pm

Hey guys, just been looking through some of your maps on mapraider.. omfg they look awesome. Anyways, now the butt munching is over I got a question... On Firestation one of the meshes (the firetruck) is taken from Unwheel... how the hell did u do that? Ive been thinking of making a map featuring some vehicle meshes and would love to use some of the unwheel ones... So far alls Ive managed to do is open them in the animations browser but I have no idea how to get them from there into a map? Can someone help?

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:15 pm

Thats one you will have to ask Mr Wright, he is the one who got them.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:19 pm

I went to the Unwheel forums and asked them if I could use the Firetruck and if so could they give it to me as a static mesh. They said ok, and gave it to me. The only thing was I had to find out what texture went on every slot, and it took forever. The verticies or what ever the hell it is called took a long time to do for each of the I think 18 places.

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:15 am

heh, they must like you more than they do me then... I enquired on Unwheel a while back about exporting the driver model from Unwheel to re-texture as a UT2004 skin but was told they didnt know how to do it... that said its been a while so maybe I should check on there for a reply. Cheers anyway.

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”