How to keep rain out of a room........

Any questions for unreal editor here
ghost_writer
noob
noob

How to keep rain out of a room........

Postby ghost_writer » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:19 pm

Ok so you got a outdoor level and your using the xWeather to make it rain. Wow now its raining all over the terrain.....well you run into a building or underground.....what the hell....raining in here too...

To fix this go under the properties of your weather actor and give it a name such as NORAIN.. Now creat a plain volume for the room or rooms you do not want rain in and give that volume the same name...NORAIN.

Recompile the map fire it up and its raining outside but the rooms are dry as they should be....unless some ASSHAT popped a hole in your roof...

(EDIT)

Ok seems I was'nt very clear on this. I do not think a sheet brush will work with this. I have not tested with one anyway. If your room is a square then use a square brush, if it's round then use a cylinder brush.
Make sure the brush is just inside the subtracted brush you want to block the weather from. I can supply a demo map if needed.....
These are posts that lost their owners and are now owned by the Ghost Writer. If this is your post, let me know and I will correct it.

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”