One more Christmas map.

Map topics here
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

One more Christmas map.

Postby Cruce » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Well sorta. It was not originally going to be a Christmas map, but since I am almost done with it, I thought I would "Deck the Halls". I got the idea from an 1997 movie called Cube. The cube in the movie would move the rooms around and the characters had to solve puzzles in order to enter the next room; not knowing if it was going to be a trap or not. Well, the rooms do not move and the doors automatically open on a fast timer, but I did put in some traps. :???:
Feel free to give it a try. If there are no bugs, all I have to do is add some bot paths. Yes, I want to put in bot paths.

Here is the download, http://www.pagehosting4u.com/mpc/DM-Cruce-CubeBeta.rar.

Hope you enjoy it.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:18 pm

Hey Cruce the file is not all there, its a bad ZIP !!!!!!!

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:15 pm

File has been uploaded again. I have a crappy connection from work, sorry.
-Cruce
-Cruce

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 am

I saw that movie. It would be cool if the gravity changed direction from room to room, like in the movie.
"They couldnt hit an elephant at this distance"
- Union Gen. John Sedgwick - just moments before being shot dead by a confederate sniper at Spotsylvania

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 pm

Yeh. Gravity is a funny thing in Unreal. You can get it to change directions but you are always feet down. SO you would be walking on your head if the gravity was reversed. There is a spider volume to get you to walk on walls and the ceiling, but it does not work with the trans and you can not jump. If you trans or jump you become detached from the surface and fall.

If someone could explain my blackhole problem that would be great. The blackhole use to be fine. Then suddenly it is split. See picture above. I have checked and double check and there are no BSP holes. I have also tried changing the brush from and additive solid brush to a semi-solid brush... Because they are not suppose to be susceptible to BSP hole. I have been trying for hours to get it back to looking right. Converting the brush to a staticmash doesn't seem to correct it either.

-Cruce
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:44 am

I played with that shader for a 1/2 hour and its got me puzzeled all to hell, only thing i can think is when you took the texture and made it a shader thats where something was not done right, it should not have a divived line in the shader 8-)

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:25 pm

OK. Problem solved. The link is above. I can now start adding bot paths and checking sounds. Let me know if you run across anything else.
-Cruce
-Cruce

Return to “UT2004 MAPS”