FIRTS POST IN 7 YEARS!!!

Post anything non-server related here.
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

FIRTS POST IN 7 YEARS!!!

Postby Cruce » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Yes, it is hard to believe that MPC-CLAN forum has been offline for so long. So why is it back???
Believe it or not, I was looking for some old info on UDK and knew that I might find it in the forums. So I once again pulled out the backups and tried to bring the site back online. I had tried several times in the past, but PHP NUKE had a huge target on its back for hackers. I don't know how many times I tried to remove the hacks and frankly, I didn't have the time to keep removing them all. Well, it appears that PHP NUKE may finally be dead and I thought about bringing back the site under another CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc.); however, I realized that all I needed was just the forum part. If others have any issues with bringing back just the forum section, let me know and I may consider it.

As you can tell, I was finally able to get most of everything back up and running. I don't think I lost any posts, but did lose the authors to some posts. Those posts now have the author "Ghost Writer" :cry: . I am not expecting this forum to be like it was back in its glory days, but it does have some good info and great laughs. :twisted: I'll keep it up as long as I still own and operate Page Hosting 4U, LLC, https://www.pagehosting4u.com, which has been close to 18 years now. Yes, shameless advertisement.

Feel free to look around, share in the good ol' memories and try to keep the trash talk down, especially if it's direct at me. :roll:
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Re: FIRTS POST IN 7 YEARS!!!

Postby MrWright » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 am

Have you ever, or do you host game servers?
I've mostly been playing some games on Steam lately, and Minecraft and a little BBF5. I had carpel tunnel pretty bad and had surgery. Some games still bother my hands so I tend to play stuff that leaves me with feeling in my fingers when I'm done. LOL

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 am

I tried hosting game servers and just couldn't compete with the big guys. Pyro wants to have a UT2004 get together on the old MPC maps, so I have been looking at game servers. The price for UT2004 and BF2 have come down. I found one that would let you switch the Unreal server between UT99, UT2004 and UT3.

Let's see if we can make your hands go numb. :cry:
-Cruce

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

I bought UT2K4 on Steam awhile ago. There are servers still running out maps but I couldn't find any that were actually set up the way we liked to play. I did run into Blink while playing. It was nice to chat with him again.

I'm easy to find on Discord my name there is 21_Hench4Life#8879

We got a divorce in September, it was a long time coming. Right now I'm in Sweden till the first of April. I met a Swedish girl while playing games. This is my 2nd trip here.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:01 am

Sorry to hear about the divorce.
What happened to 7 days to dead? I never got a chance to play it and can't find it on Discord anymore. I had to create a Discord server to enable the social login for the site. I'll send invites out to all the veteran clan members.
I still have all of the files from the game server, so it wouldn't take much to get it back up and running.
I cracked myself up looking at the videos of the week you posted.
-Cruce

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 am

7 Days to Die, we still have a server running that. In fact we recently started a new world after the last update. If you are interested I can send you the IP and password.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am

I'll get back with you this summer as I'll probably loose it. I'm looking forward to some gaming this summer. Family will be out of town for about a month and a half.
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:54 am

Awesome to see the site back up, good job Cruce, Big hello to all the old team mates !!!! ;)

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Return to “General Talk”