Technical Problem.

Post anything non-server related here.
yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Technical Problem.

Postby yodaddy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:20 am

Hello all , I need a little help with a problem that is driving me up the wall. I recently formatted my hard drive and I am having a network issue I can't figure out. Seems like after I have been on line for a couple minutes that I lose my network connection. Only ....well it is still there. I thought it might be the onboard network so I installed a network card yet it still does the same thing. Occasionally I can surf just fine but most times not. The problem appears to be browser related.Reinstalling does not appear to help. I also get a message part of the time "Generic host processes for win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close."
At this point I have discovered that several services have ceased functioning. Among them , Computer browser , cryptographic services , dhcp client , distributed client,error reporting,HID input,logical disc manager,routing and remote services ,secondary log on,server,sys restore ,task scheduler,windows audio,and workstationNetwork dde , network ddsm .While some of these services are obviously non critical , the fact that they are quitting is still obviously not a good thing. Now here is the truly weird thing. I have a temporary work around where i have instructed the services to restart automatically but still doesn't tell me what caused this in the first place. And yet I still get a tab in fire fox 'untitled". Now here is the weird part. I have still been playing bf2.I boot up and while sometimes nothing shows under multiplayer , my favorites are there. I managed to read them the other night when it ran really good.It's like random stuff it can't see but marked stuff it sees better. When I connect to a bf2 server my ping is just fine and the game runs good. What have I missed?
System specs are as follows. Pentium 930 dual core , 2 gigs of kingston ddr2 ram ,2 nvidia 7800 gt's , 2 raptors in a raid 0 , onboard marvell yukon gigabit ethernet driver,on board realtek sound. On board nvidia lan network controller. One other weird thing, seems like I need to disable that nvidia lan controller or it causes problems.Been like that since I got it.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am

XP or Vista
I've had problems with Three or four older xp machines after installing service pack three they don't want to run doing weird stuff like no start bar wireless connection work for a little while then lose connection to the enet but still have a local connection, Don't know if there is a connection but thought I would throw it out there.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

Win xp....

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:42 pm

If you are using internet explorer, shit can the piece of shit and use mozilla firefox, that will cure the issue.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 am

I AM using firefox.I wouldn't wipe my butt with IE.Tried to post this last night , but my connection was dicy again lol.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Problem solved. As much as I didn't want to believe it , it appears during my last download , the 1.5 patch , I picked up some saber-toothed -crotch -crickets. I remembered that my problems started after I reattached my external drive. Gotta go back and disinfect it tonight.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm

ROTFLOL is that new computer slang :-o WOW thats a mouth full. If you shave the wouldn't happen :cool: :cool:

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

=-=
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Return to “General Talk”