wants to learn how to make skins

Post all stuff on skins
Cyber_Witch
veteran
veteran

wants to learn how to make skins

Postby Cyber_Witch » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:28 am

I would like to learn how to make skins and modeles, but I have no :idea: where to start or where to look or what I even need to start making them.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:15 am

Well for skins you will need photoshop for starters, and the ability to pull the texture file from that skin to be able to import into photoshop, then be able to recolor it, texture it, then re import it back into unreal editor and then rename the file.

then you need to create the classes for the skin, then open up each class ( possibly 10 classes in wotgreal and rename everything to what you want your skin to be, then after that you have to do a ucc make (skin name) .u file and then recompile the skin and hope it works online.

so to make a long story short, its no piece of cake....... :-?

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:16 pm

Sorry to open an old topic... I only just got here.

The easy way to create and complie new skins is grab the DDS plugin for photoshop, open the texture file you want to use in Ued and export it.... do what u need to do to it and save. Open in upaint and use that to create the new utx and upl files. Then open JaFos botmanager and use that to create the classes and .u file required to run the skins from servers. Although I do understand JaFos doesnt work for everyone... Im just lucky I guess.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:20 pm

Thats the program I use, but I use UED, Photoshop, and Jafo, thats all, and thats all you really need

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:16 am

Yeah I just prefer Upaint as I can get more of an idea what they will look like in UT before going to all the trouble of creating upl and u files.

Devvy996
noob
noob

Postby Devvy996 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:28 am

Yeah I just prefer Upaint as I can get more of an idea what they will look like in UT before going to all the trouble of creating upl and u files.

Can you link me to upaint? it didnt come with my ut2004 cos i used unreal anthology

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 am

I'll see if I can dig it up and make it available.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Devvy996
noob
noob

Postby Devvy996 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Ok

Return to “UT2004 SKINS”