MPC no jets Server?

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm

I'll stay out on this one because I have not paid. What ever you guys decide is fine by me. Lets get some input people.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:20 am

Well , while I like having our own "home' server ,the bottom line is x is right , it's empty most of the time. While this is still a great game ,I think we were a little late to the table what with this game being 3 years old and all. It's amazing that as many still play it as they do.That being said , There is still no shortage of places to play. Look at your server browser. Any map you want is there and with lots of servers to choose from,and most of them are empty so we can pretty much have our own server. We all have our favorite servers to play on and there are still some good ones out there ,albeit , you run across the occasional ass every now and then , even on the good servers. With the monitor , we know where everyone else is at. We can always meet and squad up and play together as mpc if we want.If you want to save the dough that's fine by me. Not having our own server will be a bummer but it is really no block to playing together and I understand the reasoning behind it.

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 am

The question : Why do we need a rank server ?

A- For people to come

B- For global points

C- For unlocks

D- For clan members to come and play together (??)

I think that I was one of the firsts who paid 50$ in February. I was proud (again, been here since 2003-2004 I think ) to be a member of MPC . We survived UT2004 and we were evolving as a clan.

You should know that before we had a BF2 server, I was already playing a lot at it , but on unranked servers (Ai mod) that's why I don't have a big global score. Unrank servers can have mods, size map, custom maps (like MPC maps in UT), all unlocks, and custom rank server . Again I played a lot on those and it was FUN. I don't care much about unlocks and global score because I didn't play on ranked servers .

What I'm getting at is : Do we need a ranked server ?

I'm not here this summer . Is a lot of you will play on our server ? Honestly ?

And can Cruce offer us an unranked server for the balance of the cash ? Like in September ?

Or just forget it and we will play on different servers.

Is there somewhere a law (unheard) about wearing tags and to have a server ?

I'm here to play AND have fun.

What's your thoughts ?

Have a great summer !

(*)

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:12 pm

If we do decide to have an UnRanked server. I vote for the AIX mod. I think we all have it, plus it is a blast to play.

These are the maps I would like to see in rotation for a server setup on AIX.

AIX Archipelago - 32 because the 64 is way to big and has to many jets.
AIX Damocles - 64
AIX Refinery - 64

I don't like the DragonVally Moon because it is jerky on both of my computers. I've got all the map packs but I don't know if anyone else does too. There are only a few more that are good maps.

As for rules, I say the only one we need is no C4 jumping. The Choppers and other ground based anti-air cars have enough fire power to take out jets, and the pilot has a machine gun, and missiles. I don't know if the TV missile is on the chopper, but if it is we can add the rule about it if you all like.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Only thing I dont Like is, no one plays on our server now, what makes you think if we have a unranked server that people will play...........They wont. Playing on a unranked server to me is like going fishing and throwing all the fish you catch back in the water..........Whats the point of even going fishing? Same with a unranked server, you cant rank up or build up stats, what the point of even playing? :(

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

Postby PyroJack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 pm

just got in on this thread and to your last message X, I must point back to JP's thread...

... why do we play , for ranks, or to have a good time playing among us and regulars ?

On UT2K4, we were a lot of us each nights plus the regulars that were there often enough for us to know a little of them outside the game itself. Stats and ranked were almost non existant. I checked the UT Worldstats less than 10 times since 2004, I don't care.

The only reason I care in BF2 is to get the damn guns, and since I got those I wanted I just don't care about ranks anymore. As you can see in the monitor didn't played a ranked server for the last 10 days.
I can say for myself, I play for the game, not the stats or rank.

... back to you...

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:08 pm

why do we play , for ranks, or to have a good time playing among us and regulars ?
might be among ourselves,but dont expect to see alot of regulars in there if its not ranked.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Playing on a unranked server to me is like going fishing and throwing all the fish you catch back in the water..........Whats the point of even going fishing?:(
I just HAD to chime in here lmao. I fish catch & release, always have. I never kept many. Pic is in the Credit River in Mississauga Ontario. 30 mins from downtown Toronto. At the time I caught it, it beat the official Ontario record for Chinook salmon by over 2lbs. I released it so it could go make more monsters.

My point is, everyone has their own idea's and everyone likes what "they" like. AIX is a great mod. Will an [MPC] server running AIX ever get busy? I have my doubts. None of the BF2 mods have ever gotten that popular for online play. They're all meant as single player mods. Could the [MPC] members have fun in their own server playing AIX? Hell yes, as long as people play it.

I've given some reasons before as to why the server is sitting empty. I've made suggestions even before there was an [MPC] BF2 server. I know what works and I know what doesn't. I'm not here to argue any point's, and I've posted before all that I need to say.

Other than that, if you ever fish the Credit River, learn to say FISH ON! in as many different languages as you can LMAO.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

Postby PyroJack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 pm

hehe Mad, what did you use to reel that one, the steel wire of a tow truck ?
:D

Like one said earlier, we got to table a bit late for that game. I guess we all do the same on our side of the tube, we open this site, check the monitor, no one is on then we do something else.
But if we schedule a night and time for us to meet, I'm sure we could get some good games there !!!

later

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Actually, I custom made my own rod. It's a 3 piece G.Loomis 5 weight spey casting fly rod. 15'4" (yes that's 15 feet 4 inch's) and the line was Dia Riki 2lb IGFA class tippet, on a center pin float reel. No drag but your fingers...
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

axeman1
Elite
Elite

Postby axeman1 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:32 pm

hey folks lots of storms coming through here shitty conection

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ill send ya to your mother in a cardboard box

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”